Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allwinner sun4i DRM Queues HDMI CEC Support For Linux 4.14

Phoronix: Allwinner sun4i DRM Queues HDMI CEC Support For Linux 4.14

With this weekend marking the 4.13-rc6 kernel release, David Airlie will be cutting off new material accepted into DRM-Next for then merging during the Linux 4.14 kernel merge window. As such, DRM maintainers this weekend are busy submitting the last of their new feature material they hope to see in Linux 4.14...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's good, but meaningless at this point since no GPU makers incorporate CEC into their GPU ASICs and they have ignored CEC thus far. I suppose that might change with the next-gen GPUs and HDMI 2.1, but I'm not holding my breath. One of the issues with CEC is that it's not really implemented in a standardized fashion that makes things fully compatible/capable across different brands of electronics (Sony, Samsung, Vizio, etc.) as manufacturers use their own versions of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
      One of the issues with CEC is that it's not really implemented in a standardized fashion that makes things fully compatible/capable across different brands of electronics (Sony, Samsung, Vizio, etc.) as manufacturers use their own versions of it.
      Are you sure? Afaik they just rebrand it, I've seen quite a bit of cross-brand CEC that works fine.

I know of some Sony stuff back then that refused to work with other brands (2010 maybe), but a guy on this forum said CEC in his newer Sony stuff worked fine cross-brand.

Comment

Working...
      X