Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Gets Back To Working On Their OpenGL Shader Cache

Phoronix: Intel Gets Back To Working On Their OpenGL Shader Cache

Prior to joining Valve to work on the Linux graphics stack where one of his first objectives was working on the Gallium3D/RadeonSI shader cache, Timothy Arceri had been working for Collabora where he was tidying up the Mesa on-disk shader cache with a focus on the Intel i965 OpenGL driver. That has yet to be merged with Intel support but now there are developers back to working on this support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This will make games running at 1 fps stutter less while running at 1 fps.

Comment

Does this is merged into (linux-)drm-tip?

I just adopted the Archlinux's AUR linux-drm-tip-git orphaned package. The main reason is because it seems I have a weird Intel gfx driver bug and developers at #intel-gfx@freenode recommend to test that branch to see if the problem persists (it seems so, but I'll build i again).

I forgot to fix certain stuff so some AUR helpers (and those that also are Pacman wrappers too, like pacaur) can fully install it, but I'll fix it today. Anyway, help is welcome and we can share a github repo or other method (AUR maintainership is modeled at individual, not possible to have more than one).

Comment

Working...
      X