Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised HDMI Audio Patch For RadeonHD Driver

Phoronix: Revised HDMI Audio Patch For RadeonHD Driver
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I look forward to the day when 'GPU's are handled like the processors they are instead of just graphical things..

Having sound involved in xorg.conf strikes me as the Wrong Way to handle stuff..

Comment

Nice job! I'll be trying it soon!

Anyone know if this driver will still enable audio after a VT switch? The previous version would stop working (the audio part) after switching back and forth to the console.

Comment

Having sound involved in xorg.conf strikes me as the Wrong Way to handle stuff..
        yeah, having video driver in order to use hdmi audio device seems...wrong. somehow.

Comment

At what level of support does it offer? Does it support multichannel LCPM HDMI audio? With protected content playback coming with a future ATI blob will it be able to handle PAP as well or is everything going to be downsampled?

Comment

you see? this is why AMD is fooling us! no 3d, no hdmi, no this and no that. great documentation AMD!

i'm sick and tired of this. you know what? don't release anything! its faster to reverse engineer your cards than waiting for your incomplete documentation.

now lets be serious: give me 1, just 1, good reason to buy today 25 october 2008 an AMD GPU card insted of a NVIDA GPU. yea, give me 1 reason.

Comment

now lets be serious: give me 1, just 1, good reason to buy today 25 october 2008 an AMD GPU card insted of a NVIDA GPU. yea, give me 1 reason.
              out-of-the-box support for 2d and 3d on almost any recent distribution?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                out-of-the-box support for 2d and 3d on almost any recent distribution?
                Not as of yet for any of the current generation of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                  you see? this is why AMD is fooling us! no 3d, no hdmi, no this and no that. great documentation AMD!

i'm sick and tired of this. you know what? don't release anything! its faster to reverse engineer your cards than waiting for your incomplete documentation.

No matter what anyone says you will NEVER be satisfied. You want and want and want, and all you do is complaining.

When will AMD release 3D specs for R600/R700? When the IP issues are resolved.

Do you know what Richard Stallman you say to to you in this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                    No matter what anyone says you will NEVER be satisfied. You want and want and want, and all you do is complaining.

When will AMD release 3D specs for R600/R700? When the IP issues are resolved.

Do you know what Richard Stallman you say to to you in this situation?
                    you guys are silly fanboys that don't know how to be realistic.
                    do whatever you want, you still didn't give me 1 reason to buy AMD instead of NVIDIA.

also if you are stupid enough to pay for something that doesn't work, it means you don't know the value of money and exchanged AMD for UNICEF.
                    I pay you, you give me. this is what NVIDIA does. AMD? lol don't make me laugh ok?. bye.

Comment

Working...
                    X