No announcement yet.

OpenRazer+Polychromatic Make It Easy To Configure Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRazer+Polychromatic Make It Easy To Configure Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

Phoronix: OpenRazer+Polychromatic Make It Easy To Configure Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

While Razer at this time does not provide any official software support on Linux, via the OpenRazer/Polychromatic projects largely driven by the open-source community, they are making impressive headway. Last time I tried the Polychromatic UI that interfaces with the OpenRazer drivers for configuring Razer products on Linux, it wasn't working too well. But now it seems to have matured a lot and is working out quite well.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. I'm going to have to try Linux on my 2016 Razer Blade Pro. I'm not ready to repartition its Windows files, but a USB boot would be interesting.

My Dell laptop with Linux is getting a bit old in the tooth.

Comment

It's very nice to see Razer implementing their software fluently. However, I prefer keyboards and mice that don't have to be configured per software at all. Hardware-keys for common features like volume control or keyboard backlight, dpi switch are the only things I need. I really don't care which color the backlight has for example.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
        It's very nice to see Razer implementing their software fluently. However, I prefer keyboards and mice that don't have to be configured per software at all. Hardware-keys for common features like volume control or keyboard backlight, dpi switch are the only things I need. I really don't care which color the backlight has for example.
        But then you could control the DPI of the different switch positions, I guess... More control/freedom doesn't hurt, right? That's why most of us are here

Comment

It's very nice to see Razer implementing their software fluently.
          I don't understand where you are applying it, on Windows software? Because the news are about a community project to razer products...

Comment

You mean we don't have to log into the cloud to configure a mouse? Also on new razer products can they store the settings internally?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

I don't understand where you are applying it, on Windows software? Because the news are about a community project to razer products...
              I don't understand what I read in the article anymore...

Comment

Brands like Zowie are made with that idea in mind. There are also others that follow suit, and fill in blanks. I've bought a mouse designed with the same idea in mind from a completely different manufacturer. It has a newer sensor I wanted, and a better shape.

Comment

Working...
                X