Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueZ 5.47 Released, Working On Bluetooth 5.0 Support & More

Phoronix: BlueZ 5.47 Released, Working On Bluetooth 5.0 Support & More

BlueZ 5.47 has been released as the latest user-space components to the Linux Bluetooth stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Super rare. I haven't found any usb dongle yet and I'm waiting for #bt5 the zigbee killer# devices such as lightbulbs, switches, etc.. which I should be controlling by own software without expensive gateways and closed source apps. And BlueZ was also lacking.. until now.

Comment

The most important question is whether the issue CVE-2017-1000250 is fixed. According the BlueZ website it is.

Comment

I've not used bluetooth on my PCs much in the last 10 years, but I used it lots before then thanks to bluetooth keyboards and mice, which quickly became a pain when Bluez 4 came out

I mostly use bluetooth on Android now with my bluetooth headphones, I've paired them to my laptop and I like that KDE can be configured to use them for certain apps automatically if they connect

As for Bluetooth 5, most of the listed benefits are from it offloading the connection to Wifi

Comment

Working...
        X