Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.14-rc1 Released A Day Early

Phoronix: Linux 4.14-rc1 Released A Day Early

Linus Torvalds has tagged the first release candidate of Linux 4.14 one day early and thereby marking the end of the new feature merge window for this kernel series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm pretty excited about the EFI_RESET_SHUTDOWN fixes in 4.14, since stalled shutdowns have happened a few times recenlty. Hopefully the Kernel:HEAD project will have rc1 loaded in the repository for Tumbleweed tomorrow morning, and we'll give it a whirl.

Comment

Also looks like there is some support for USB Ath10k wireless adapters in 14, which from what I've seen would be the first mainlining for USB 802.11ac (an external module for realtek rtl8812au can be built and works, but the external module for mediatek mt7612 doesn't work). Similarly to andy, when it makes it into Tumbleweed I'll test it.

Comment

Working...
      X