No announcement yet.

The Exciting Features Of Linux 4.14: Zstd, Vega Hugepages, AMD SME, New Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exciting Features Of Linux 4.14: Zstd, Vega Hugepages, AMD SME, New Drivers

Phoronix: The Exciting Features Of Linux 4.14: Zstd, Vega Hugepages, AMD SME, New Drivers

With Linux 4.14-rc1 having been released one day early, here is our look at the new features of Linux 4.14 with the merge window having been closed. There's a lot to get excited about with Linux 4.14 from graphics driver improvements, new hardware improvements, a new Realtek WiFi driver, a PWM vibrator driver, and Btrfs Zstd compression support..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

an interesting release with performance improvements

Comment

Little typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      a new Realtek WiFi driver, a PWM vibrator driver, and Btrfs Zstd compression support..
      (two dots)

Comment

It tickles me that we have Vega hugepages support, but not support for *actually displaying a picture*.

Comment

Is it really necessary for every Linux features to explicitly say that the display code is not getting in? I don't know about others but it's getting old to me...

Comment

From: Christian König <[email protected]> Use 2MB fragment size by default for older hardware generations as well.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: The Exciting Features Of Linux 4.14: Zstd, Vega Hugepages, AMD SME, New Drivers

a PWM vibrator driver

https://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25206
              I really shouldn't browse forums when I have insomnia. I thought "Whoa, we've hit the next level, sex toy support in the Kernel!"

Comment

I think your missed HMM https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/mm/hmm.c

Comment

Working...
                X