Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress On KDE Plasma Mobile From Randa 2017

Phoronix: Progress On KDE Plasma Mobile From Randa 2017

KDE contributor Bhushan Shah has shared some highlights of Plasma Mobile progress made from this year's Randa Meetings in Switzerland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to hear that the project is still progressing!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
      The Randa fundraiser is way below expectations. All time low actually. Donate. Donate. Donate. The narrative shall be preserved!

you will sponsor a nice field trip for kde associates and family. They're cooking too!
      Lol someone is still butthurt because the Librem phone got like 300k dollars by announcing they switched to KDE.

Comment

I'm more like laughing about the fact that gullible people can work up a narrative like this. And even pay for it.

You might want to look up the latest Purism announcement. They didn't switch to kde.
        I may not be a programmer, but I do work with other people and I understand that costs real money. Actually you sound like you fear collaboration. That's understandable coming from you.

Comment

Um, you failed. My opinion is pretty much the opposite. A Free phone need all the leverage to push for a capable, free renderer/driver. That is the main issue.
          Which...... Requires collaboration and that costs money.... So you're the one who -obviously- got it backwards.

Comment

Some gesture based navigation (Sailfish like) would really be useful. Hint: get rid of those Android-esque home / grid buttons. Replace them with gesture / swipe controls.

Comment

Please keep the sailfish out of this discussion. Jolla are scammers and sailfish is closed source. So many people have be hurt by this burning platform.

Purism is here to bring Freedom, not some cheap shot sailfish-like scams.
              Dude, Sailfish has some good UI ideas, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Your attitude on every GNOME or KDE article has been abysmal so far, change or go somewhere else with your opinion.
              Last edited by WolfpackN64; 30 September 2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I'm more like laughing about the fact that gullible people can work up a narrative like this. And even pay for it.

You might want to look up the latest Purism announcement. They didn't switch to kde.
                Does not matter, what matters is that 300k materialized after they mentioned KDE, while before when it was GNOME only they had like 150k tops.

This means more people's hearts are with KDE, and not with GNOME.

Comment

Or rather people know that there is a rich body of mobile ready qt apps from the Maemo, Meego, Ubuntu Touch etc. efforts that will run much better with KDE...

Comment

Please keep the sailfish out of this discussion
                    I see no point keeping good ideas out of discussion. Their interface ideas are good, no need to deny it. They are ahead of Plasma Mobile's approach. Plasma Mobile is open, which is the major benefit. So let them make UI better too.
                    Last edited by shmerl; 19 September 2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X