SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Released With New Tracks, Built-In Screen Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Released With New Tracks, Built-In Screen Recorder

Phoronix: SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Released With New Tracks, Built-In Screen Recorder

A new release of the open-source SuperTuxKart racing game is out just ahead of Halloween...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That looks very nice! I remember playing around with a much much older version of the game and they have really polished it nicely.

Comment

Michael, are you planning to add STK to your normal game benchmarking arsenal, alongside Xonotic and OpenArena and what not?
      Last edited by Xaero_Vincent; 28 October 2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Actually this is the RC, but we're making it the more publicized release to be in time for Halloween and BlenderCon. Michael I also uploaded an updated PTS profile since you can now unlock all tracks from the command line. But it's under my username and I don't know how to update the "official" profile on OpenBenchmarking.org

Comment

I though they deprecated the use of opengl 2 completely, is good to know that it's actually being used as a fallback. or so it seems.
          Hooping for multiplayer soon, even basic support would do it. As long as it can run headless in a VPS

Comment

WOW! I didn't see the video. Those new maps look awesome, and the android support seem interesting even though i don't have a smartphone.

Comment

Last time I tried Super Tux Kart it just wasn't fun.
              There is graphics moving, there is sound playing, but something was missing.
              It just felt linear and bland.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Last time I tried Super Tux Kart it just wasn't fun.
                There is graphics moving, there is sound playing, but something was missing.
                It just felt linear and bland.
                Would you be able to describe some specific aspects of STK that give you that impression? I know the tracks are not as interactive as e.g. MarioKart, but we have the technical infrastructure to make tracks more interactive with AngelScript scripting. And I updated most of the art-related documentation for this release. Maybe you'd be interested in solving the problems you see...

Comment

And when was that? In every release series for a few years there was a change in driving physics, 0.6 0.7 0.8 and 0.9 all play very differently and the changes are for the good, the current releases are very fun indeed.

Comment

Does it have a new sound for kart engines? The looping is very annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X