No announcement yet.

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Rolls Out To Battle The RX Vega 56, Linux Tests Forthcoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Rolls Out To Battle The RX Vega 56, Linux Tests Forthcoming

Phoronix: GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Rolls Out To Battle The RX Vega 56, Linux Tests Forthcoming

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti has begun shipping...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Faster, cheaper, more power efficient and most importantly, in stock!

Comment

The Zotac GTX 1070 Ti Mini is in stock right now at NewEgg, so got that and should be getting it tomorrow or Monday for benchmarking....
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm not sure I'd have bothered with buying this. The only reason Nvidia released this was to give AMD the finger and I don't think they expect it to be very popular. Nvidia has usually been pretty good about sending you review samples, so they probably didn't send you one because the product isn't very noteworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
          Faster, cheaper, more power efficient and most importantly, in stock!
          Maybe true, but I wouldn't swap my Vega56 for one.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Maybe true, but I wouldn't swap my Vega56 for one.
            Just to be clear, this isn't meant as an upgrade from Vega 56. This is meant to sway someone upgrading from an older card from buying a Vega 56.

Comment

Sure, it'll be a decent card... But can it run Wayland?

I hardly consider this a 'Vega 56 killer' like some other headlines claim but I really hope AMD is able to pull off something good with Navi that competes on performance, price and availability. Polaris has done well having 2 of those things but Vega came too late to take the performance crown.

Personally, unless I see a really good deal on a V56 my 290 will be safe for another year.
              Last edited by ResponseWriter; 02 November 2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post

I hardly consider this a 'Vega 56 killer' like some headlines claim but I really hope AMD is able to pull off something good with Navi that competes on performance, price and availability. Polaris has done well having 2 of those things but Vega came too late to take the performance crown.

Personally, unless I see a really good deal on a V56 my 290 will be safe for another year.
                Performance wise, the GTX 1070Ti isn't an RX Vega 56 killer at all, but AMD could indeed improve upon the power/efficiƫncy.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post

I hardly consider this a 'Vega 56 killer' like some other headlines claim but I really hope AMD is able to pull off something good with Navi that competes on performance, price and availability. Polaris has done well having 2 of those things but Vega came too late to take the performance crown.

"Killer" is just a moniker news source use to attract clicks. This is just meant to be the slightly faster alternative at the given price point. If all you care is performance (which is many buyers), otherwise the choice isn't that straightforward.

Comment

Still hard question better performance vs opensource drivers

Comment

Working...
                    X