BCache Gets New Maintainer, NVMe Improvements & More For Linux 4.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCache Gets New Maintainer, NVMe Improvements & More For Linux 4.15

Phoronix: BCache Gets New Maintainer, NVMe Improvements & More For Linux 4.15

The changes to the MD RAID and block areas of the Linux kernel have been submitted for the 4.15 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A little unrelated, I'm using the stock Ubuntu 17.10 kernel (4.13), how do I enable BFQ and make it default?

Comment

When/where was it announced that bcachefs won't be upstreamed?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        A little unrelated, I'm using the stock Ubuntu 17.10 kernel (4.13), how do I enable BFQ and make it default?
        You need to enable the new i/o schedulers with a kernel command line parameter

scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1

Then cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler should return "none kyber bfq" as available schedulers

Then you create a udev rule to give bfq to all drives in /etc/udev/rules.d

ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ATTR{queue/scheduler}="bfq"

or use a script that changes scheduler manually as normal echo bfq > /sys/block/sdX/queue/scheduler

Note that you can't use "elevator=bfq" kernel command line, which works for non-blk-mq schedulers.

Done and working on Opensuse Tumbleweed at the times of kernel 4.12.

Mirror site for the BFQ I/O scheduler for Linux

some more complex udev rules here:

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          In addition to starshipeleven's comment you may need to run:

'modprobe bfq' as well (at least I had to do that, and I am on Debian Buster.... oh and by the way kyber is loaded by modprobe kyber-iosched)

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
          X