Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.27.3 Brings More Meson Ports, Redesign To DConf Editor

Phoronix: GNOME 3.27.3 Brings More Meson Ports, Redesign To DConf Editor

Matthias Clasen of Red Hat announced the release of GNOME 3.27.3 this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Many bug fixes to Evolution
    . people still use this Mail Client?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      . people still use this Mail Client?
      Yes. I've been using it for well over 10 years. It's pretty much the best out there (both in functionality and interface) among the ones I have tried besides Microsoft Outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post

Yes. I've been using it for well over 10 years. It's pretty much the best out there (both in functionality and interface) among the ones I have tried besides Microsoft Outlook.
        Same here, it's the only email client out there that comes close to properly replacing outlook when there is Exchange involved. Hell, I even use the active sync setup with my SOGo setup and you get fully integrated calendar and contacts with it. Quite wonderful, really.

Yes, it's overkill if all you have is an IMAP account.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post

Same here, it's the only email client out there that comes close to properly replacing outlook when there is Exchange involved. Hell, I even use the active sync setup with my SOGo setup and you get fully integrated calendar and contacts with it. Quite wonderful, really.

im pretty sure one can use Thunderbird with Exchange? as long as you install an Addon to use it with it but its not bloated up like Evulotion is

Comment

I've tried thunderbird in the past. It used a single mbox file instead of storing individual email files indexed in a database file. It was very slow with thousands of emails and I would occasionally get corruption and lose critical email. Kmail 1.x was very slow but stable. kmail 2.x was faster but akonadi would often purge the body text of filtered emails. It was disastrous.
            I have over 33k stored emails using my pop3 account at the moment on evolution and I can navigate between them very quickly. It just fits my workflow.
            I don't feel evolution is bloated. It has the necessary features for a full PIM suite. There's no need to strip features to make software 'lite'.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post

It's not the only one out there, but it's the only free one out there. Hiri also supports Exchange, it supports most of the features, including calendar editing and stuff. But it's not free.

Comment

Working...
              X