FSF Adds Purism's PureOS To Their Approved List Of Operating Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSF Adds Purism's PureOS To Their Approved List Of Operating Systems

Phoronix: FSF Adds Purism's PureOS To Their Approved List Of Operating Systems

The Free Software Foundation and Purism are announcing that the Debian-derived PureOS operating system is being added to the FSF list of approved GNU/Linux distributions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

while that list keeps excluding debian it will not be of any value to me.
    just becuase debian has some (non default) not libre repositories it doesnt mean it's not 100% free

Comment

Maybe this should be my next distrohop

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        just becuase debian has some (non default) not libre repositories it doesnt mean it's not 100% free
        I couldn't agree more. Debian keeps the nonfree repos disabled by default. Everything in the enabled repos is totally free.

It is a user's freedom to install nonfree software.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
          Who cares that debian has been devoted to free software community for decades? Not FSF.
          Tolerance of non-free software shall not be tolerated.

FSF Adds Purism's PureOS To Their Approved List Of Operating Systems
          Damn, purism overflow.
          Last edited by Guest; 21 December 2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Btw, how isn't Debian on the list?

Comment

Working...
            X