Starcraft 2 on Fedora 15 with FOSS Radeon Driver
Just tried to do a fresh install of Starcraft 2 on Crossover Games 10.1.1, finding out how Starcraft 2 is doing with the FOSS Radeon Driver since some people report WOW being playable with it!
I can report:
- The Installation worked flawless
- Game starts without any error
- Main Menu looks perfect
- Matches start without any error
- Maps are mainly blank, but I could command the WBFs to harvest minerals and I saw the Commandocenter
- performance at lowest graphic settings was smooth (45FPS)
Looks very very promising and it was much better as I expected!!!
Maybe with some tweaks you can get much better results and I am optimistic that on Linux Gaming we can say goodbye to fglrx soon!
4 GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV770 Radeon HD 4870 1GB VideoRAM
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11-rc1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20