I sent and email, never got any response, now i can't find the sent item, forum it is :)
If you could do some decode playback tests, codec vs codec.
Ogg Theora vs FLV vs WebM vs WMV vs XviD and Divx. VP8 is webM now right? :)
Basically, CPU usuage, GPU usage, memory usage, power draw, all the usual with tomato ketchup and mayonaise please :)
All done in Linux by preference, with VLC player. Add other OS / systems for reference as yo please. :)
Other ideas for benchmarks/articles:
- Explore the performance difference of the Radeon driver with a fairly decent card (e.g. Radeon 6800) when you switch between power management profiles (E.g. Low, High, Default (usually same as high), and Dynpm).
- Do the same with CPU-governors when exploring gaming performance to try to show if the radeon drivers (or nouveau/intel) are CPU limited, GPU limited, or other.
- See if there's a difference in Radeon/Nouveau/Intel gaming performance when the S3TC library is installed/used. You may have to be overseas to legally do this, but you'll be in Nicaragua soon and I'm betting you'll bring a laptop ;)
- Does PTS have any sound-server related benchmarks? It'd be cool to see latency and CPU-usage measurements for ALSA/Pulse/Jack/etc, as I've had noticeable lag in MythTV on an older system in Pulse, but it seems better on my Llano.
- When wayland is ready, a Wayland How-To would be good. A guide to installing/using Wayland on top of Ubuntu/Fedora/whatever. This would be a bit more time intensive than most of your other articles.
- What is the oldest machine you have? How is the user experience and performance if you install Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 on it.
- It's probably not ready yet, but eventually some tests of Clover vs Nvidia/AMD OpenCL.
- Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) is coming out in July, and benchmarks of that would be nice.
- Have you ever done any tests/walkthroughs/benchmarks of Plan 9 or Haiku?
- How are OpenIndiana and Illumos doing these days?
- Have you done any tests of WebGL and WebCL so far?