I've finished the tests that I was planning on running. Heaven improved the most, but when I ran Xonotic at 1920x1200 at the highest settings, the framerate went from 9fps to 29... Not bad for just a kernel upgrade with a few hundred lines of changed code.
The tests include:
World of Padman
Reaction Quake 3
Interesting, as it seems to improve the most on titles which were actually regressed by some of Marek's earlier attempts at boosting framerates:
I personally think that Marek should be hired by AMD or Valve (specially if Valve is interested in considering AMD hardware in their future Linux Console)
Not sure on this, but I believe that Marek was offered a job at AMD but he turned it down as he was still in college. Or am I thinking of someone else?
1. Tell him that he has a job waiting for him after his college
2. Send him a current AMD Radeon graphics card of choice
3. Send him the upcoming AMD Radeon graphics card whenever the next generation gets released or even prior to official release
4. Send him a AMD CPU (with integrated GPU) and motherboard
5. Maybe offer to pay some tuition/college fees or offer him some sort of stipend?