Originally Posted by deanjo
Hmmm, wow. Not sure what's going on with that then. It's working fine for me and no other bug reports. All that the commit should have impacted was with hardware detection. And to have it do that for all benchmarks is quite odd.
If you run like phoronix-test-suite benchmark encode-mp3 does it still do it (an individual test as opposed to a suite)?
@deanjo + michael:
I ran against the same bug, using gentoo.
(Firstly, I had to install lsb-release, as that wasn't installed by default.)
After some debugging, I found out that os_version() in pts-core/functions/pts-functions_linux.php returned oo" , the last 3 characters of /etc/lsb-release, which contained:
So, function parse_lsb_output($desc) is not good enough. Change it to using grep or something, or sourcing that file.
As a workaround, the problem does go away by putting in DISTRIB_RELEASE="2007.0" in /etc/lsb-release.
Oh, and you probably need to clean ~/pts-benchmark-env as it will probably not be complete.
Originally Posted by laurencevde
Thanks for that find and testing.
In the latest git code I've modified the parse_lsb_output to remove all quotes from the string, so that should fix it for you.
That still is buggy. It might go wrong if there are spaces or other sh-unfriendly characters in the variables in /etc/lsb-release, and it will still return oo if I didn't set DISTRIB_RELEASE. And it will also match (the first) #DISTRIB_REALEASE
The real problem is that in:
$info = substr($info, strpos($info, $desc) + strlen($desc));
strpos($info, $desc) returns 0 if nothing matched.
I've changed it to match the strpos checks being used in the other functions along with stripping spaces... hopefully that then will work in most cases, I hadn't realized that there was much deviation within lsb-release. All in the git repo now.
Thanks for the great tool Michael! I've been testing it on my laptop with opensuse 10.3 and run into some issues. It will go through the 3 runs of each bench but die right after the last run. This happens no matter which benchmark or suite I try to run. Here's the output:
sarge:~/phoronix-test-suite> ./phoronix-test-suite run graphics
Would you like to save these benchmark results (Y/n)? Y
Enter a name to save (or merge) these results: firstrun
Enter a unique identifier for distinguishing this series of tests: 02
Phoronix Test Suite will record results!
Graphics Test Suite
Running Benchmarks For Graphics Test Suite...
Nexuiz Benchmark (Run 1 of 3)
1910 frames 134.2532733 seconds 14.2268412 fps, one-second fps min/avg/max: 8 15 24 (90 seconds)
Nexuiz Benchmark (Run 2 of 3)
1910 frames 134.3073017 seconds 14.2211181 fps, one-second fps min/avg/max: 8 15 24 (90 seconds)
Nexuiz Benchmark (Run 3 of 3)
1910 frames 134.3740069 seconds 14.2140585 fps, one-second fps min/avg/max: 8 15 24 (90 seconds)
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bcdiv() in /phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/functions/pts-functions-run.php on line 175
You need the bcmath module for PHP installed. Apparently in OpenSuSE it ships separately. It should be php-bcmath or something. Though soon I'll drop the need for bc math.
That did it. Thanks for the help!
Ya Michael, the errors are gone now and mplayer results seem to be a bit more sane now. Just the Nexiuz issue remaining and I created a new thread for that.