• Show
Clear All

• I just tried all progs/glsl with latest mesa git

all is fine, except these things

missing noise1/noise4 instructions

bump - flickering

twoside - do front/back determination in vertex shader - both sides is red

Comment

• Is anybody playing QuakeLive on r700 using the free drivers?

For me, it runs in software, although 3D acceleration is working fine for everything else.

Any experience with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        Is anybody playing QuakeLive on r700 using the free drivers?

For me, it runs in software, although 3D acceleration is working fine for everything else.

Any experience with this?
        It runs for me on my rv770, but the performance is crap. I don't know the exact fps, but it seemed like 5fps or less.

Comment

• Yes, it runs, but at maybe 1 or 2 fps. So I'm guessing that it's not hardware accelerated.

Does anyone have a success story? It is rated platinum on the program matrix.

Comment

• Works fine here with GLSL disabled, with GLSL enabled fps drops to ~4fps.

Comment

• Hrm, is GLSL enabled by default now? I removed "-DR600_ENABLE_GLSL_TEST" from my CFLAGS and Mesa still got built with GLSL support. Do you have to edit the code now to disable it?

Or is there an in-game option to try this?

Comment

• In master it is enabled by default. So, yes if you don't want it you have to comment out the define in r600_context.c

Comment

• Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  Works fine here with GLSL disabled, with GLSL enabled fps drops to ~4fps.
                  Is that known to developers? Could you report this on bugzilla?

Comment

• Alien Vs Predator Linux port seems to be working perfectly here.
                    Linux 2.6.32 and all corresponding libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                      Is that known to developers? Could you report this on bugzilla?
                      I was going to file a bug report once I have narrowed down the problem a little more (because by enabling GLSL OpenGL version also gets bumped from 1.5 -> 2.0), but I haven't had time to do so yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X