Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: black border

I meet the same issue as bofh. I set the sizeX, sizeY, positionX and positionY. It works perfectly. However, black sceen comes with next restart.

And another issue is that I am not able to hear any sound with linux through HDMI. However, it works on WinXP. Does anybody know how to make HDMI audio work?

btw, I have the Gigabyte 780G-DS2H and with Ubuntu8.10.

Quote Originally Posted by limi View Post
    And another issue is that I am not able to hear any sound with linux through HDMI. However, it works on WinXP. Does anybody know how to make HDMI audio work?

btw, I have the Gigabyte 780G-DS2H and with Ubuntu8.10.
    Did you already try the radeonhd driver? There seems sound over HDMI to work (but 3d not yet).

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    Did you already try the radeonhd driver? There seems sound over HDMI to work (but 3d not yet).
    Thanks. What's the RaedonHD driver?

I downloaded the driver from AMD/ATI's website. It seems to be fglrx driver.

Thanks. What's the RaedonHD driver?

I downloaded the driver from AMD/ATI's website. It seems to be fglrx driver.
    OK. I just read something about RaedonHD driver. It should support 780G(HD3200). I will try it instead of fglrx driver.

OK. I just read something about RaedonHD driver. It should support 780G(HD3200). I will try it instead of fglrx driver.

I tried RadeonHD driver, there is no audio too. In the xorg.0.log, I saw the worklog of the RadeonHD driver. So it must started to work. But it seems RadeonHD driver can't take use of the HD3200's decoding ability well. I played one X.264 movie and see 80%+ CPU load, most likely it was the CPU who was working on decoding.

So I have to turn back to use fglrx(ATI's) driver and use the hacking workaround by copy around the amdpcsdb file.

Did you try a recent version? If not, in old ones (like the version in ubuntu IIRC) there is not audio over hdmi support.

And if does not work even with a new driver (compiling a new version is really easy, see e.g. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonHD ) then you could file a bug at the radeonhd mailing list. As far as I can see they really try to get every single combination work.

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    Did you try a recent version? If not, in old ones (like the version in ubuntu IIRC) there is not audio over hdmi support.

And if does not work even with a new driver (compiling a new version is really easy, see e.g. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonHD ) then you could file a bug at the radeonhd mailing list. As far as I can see they really try to get every single combination work.
    Thanks.

Yes. I compiled the latest version and followed the guide [https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonHD]. I

I will still dig a while and file a bug if it still doesnt' work.

Unhappy ugh

hello all little bit new to linux just starting out having the same problem as most I have a half in border all the way around my 32" sylvania hdtv hooked up thew hdmi via dvi to hdmi cable I have tried just about everything on this page to no avail and I have installed all my drivers and such correctly if someone could point me in the right direction of a more in depth walk threw i would appreciate it greatly

which driver are you using - fglrx (aka Catalyst), radeonhd or radeon (aka ati) ?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    which driver are you using - fglrx (aka Catalyst), radeonhd or radeon (aka ati) ?
    Im using the catalyst I dont recall if i mentioned my card either now that im writing this reply but its a pcie 16x x1650 saphire which run off the radeon drivers anyway thanks for the help