Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Open-Source ATI Driver Achieves 3D Success

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Dave just merged the r500-support branch into mesa git master, so it should be much easier to get up and running now.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Dave just merged the r500-support branch into mesa git master, so it should be much easier to get up and running now.
    it fails to compile:

    Code:
    /src/egl/main -I../../../../../src/egl/drivers/dri -I/usr/include/drm    -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fno-ivopts -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -std=c99 -ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing  -fPIC   -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPTHREADS -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN -DUSE_XCB -DUSE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB=1 -DIN_DRI_DRIVER -DGLX_INDIRECT_RENDERING -DHAVE_ALIAS -DGLX_DIRECT_RENDERING -DRADEON_COMMON=0 radeon_state.c -o radeon_state.o
    radeon_screen.c: In function ‘radeonCreateScreen’:
    radeon_screen.c:848: error: ‘RADEON_PARAM_NUM_GB_PIPES’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    radeon_screen.c:848: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    radeon_screen.c:848: error: for each function it appears in.)
    gmake[5]: *** [radeon_screen.o] Error 1
    gmake[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    EDIT: sorry!!! :] I reemerged libdrm and x11-drm and it works!!!
    Last edited by vytautas; 05-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,441

    Default

    agd5f, is that the change that was just being discussed on IRC re: fixing the way # of pipes was being determined ?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    145

    Default

    We will be delivering benchmarks comparing the Radeon X1000 performance using the open-source 3D driver to the fglrx driver in the coming days with different graphics cards and we will compare its performance to the earlier R400 parts. If you have any other requests, let us know in the Phoronix Forums.
    Can you check Blender out, to see if there are any issues/artifacts? I have never personally used ATi myself*, but if these developments continue (it appears so), my next GPU will very likely be from them. It is just that many Blender users complain about poor OpenGL performance with ATi, and hopefully they are gone with these free drivers!

    Love this site, btw :D

    *I have worked professionally with ATi FireGL cards on Linux, used as GPU rendernodes. It was not a pleasant experience...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    agd5f, is that the change that was just being discussed on IRC re: fixing the way # of pipes was being determined ?
    Yes. We now setup and determine number of pipes in the drm and then use that in mesa and the ddx if available.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Exciting times we live in. I can't wait to buy my R700 or rv770. Open source 3d drivers are a big driver in what manufacturer I plan on choosing next.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goffrie View Post
    For some reason, 3D only works once - all later attempts say "Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual". I'm on an X1900GT (R580). Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

    You need to have AIGLX enabled (and loaded all fine) to get 3D running.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I need help getting 3d working with my M54 card.
    I run gentoo amd64.
    I've installed mesa, libdrm, x11-drm from today's git.

    Xorg.0.log: http://rafb.net/p/qgLkAr95.html
    dmesg | grep drm: http://rafb.net/p/klODwr39.html
    glxinfo: http://rafb.net/p/GLAnp732.html
    xorg.conf: http://rafb.net/p/1proXt36.html

    This happens with radeonHD and ati.. glxinfo always shows no 3d.
    Unfortunately "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo" shows exactly the same as glxinfo (I asked on the mesa3d-users mailing list, but no answer).

    Thanks

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I need help getting 3d working with my M54 card.
    I run gentoo amd64.
    I've installed mesa, libdrm, x11-drm from today's git.

    Xorg.0.log: http://rafb.net/p/qgLkAr95.html
    dmesg | grep drm: http://rafb.net/p/klODwr39.html
    glxinfo: http://rafb.net/p/GLAnp732.html
    xorg.conf: http://rafb.net/p/1proXt36.html

    This happens with radeonHD and ati.. glxinfo always shows no 3d.
    Unfortunately "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo" shows exactly the same as glxinfo (I asked on the mesa3d-users mailing list, but no answer).

    Thanks
    Looks like you installed software mesa or at least that's what's getting picked up by the apps.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agd5f View Post
    Looks like you installed software mesa or at least that's what's getting picked up by the apps.
    how can I solve this?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •