Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 Pre-Release (v0.9.9)
This afternoon Phoronix Test Suite 0.9.9 has been tagged in git. This will serve as a git-only Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 pre-release. The Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.0 release is planned for Thursday, June 5, 2008. From now until this release, only bug fixes and other maintenance items will be submitted to git. This means there are 57 test profiles and 23 test suites to be found in the 1.0.0 release.
Please checkout PTS 0.9.9 at your earliest possible convenience and give it a whirl. It can be git-clone'd from http://www.phorogit.com/repo/phoronix-test-suite.git or by snatching the git .tar.gz at http://www.phorogit.com/index.php?p=...e.git&dl=targz. No official 0.9.9 release will occur due to the short turnaround time and I'd encourage you all to checkout the latest git at the time of testing. Please report back on any last minute thoughts, bugs (including any PHP notices that may appear), and anything else that could remotely be a problem.
Once Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.0 is released, new profiles and test suites will be accepted, etc. While open to discussion and changes, my plans are to let Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.x be the main focus for the next couple of months with point releases every few weeks or whenever the changes warrant a new release. There are a few major changes I can see for the next major release (likely to be called PTS 1.2 -- still under the Trondheim codename until 2.0), which will be detailed in the future. I am thinking that version may be ready for Q4'2007 depending upon what comes about (in regards to feedback, etc) after 1.0 is released. (This message about 1.0+ will continue in another message...)
Test away and I'd like to thank everyone for their work so far from testing to pts-core patches to new test profiles and suites.
( From the mailing list: http://phoronix-test-suite.com/piper...ne/000015.html )
Changes From pts-0.9.0 to pts-0.9.9:
- Improved formatting when showing all available options
- Tweaks to PTS Results Viewer
- Improve debugging support with additional debugging messages and adding a DEBUG_FILE= environmental variable for specifying name of file to save debug messages to inside ~/.phoronix-test-suite/debug-messages/
- Add HTML documentation covering the README, credits, installation, specifications, sensor monitoring, writing a test profile, and random tips & tricks.
- If PTS_MERGE environmental variable is set to "custom", don't perform compatibility checks when merging / allow anything to happen.
- PTS GLOBAL: Add RSS support
- OpenSSL avoid doing useless bits that aren't being tested
- Add many more download mirrors to all of the test profiles
- Add cryptography suite
- User agreement update
- Add hmmer test profile
- Add detection if system is running within a virtualized environment (QEMU or VMware) and report to test notes area.
- Fix padding around commas with dependency parsing, don't require a space with the delimiter and parse out extra spaces if present
- Add encode-ape test profile for encoding to Monkey's Audio Encoding
- Add encode-wavpack test profile for WavPack codec
- Strip WAV metadata information from trondheim-pts-X.wav
- Add encode-ape and encode-wavpack to audio-encoding test suite
- UTF-8 character bug fix for problem reported by copper
- Improve GCC detection
- Add compress-lzma test profile for LZMA compression testing. Also add this test to the compression suite.
- Add mrbayes test profile for additional computational biology testing
- Add more screen resolutions to all relevant tests
- Add mafft test profile: a computational biology tools for aligning biological sequence data
- Add computational-biology test suite
- Move launch-browser.sh from pts/ to pts-core/scripts/
- Debian package generator now at pts-core/scripts/build-package-deb.php
- Move user-agreement.txt to pts-core/
- Add SCons to external dependencies support
- Add yafray test profile for open-source ray-tracing
- Miscellaneous fixes and other improvements
LOL, woops, corrected...
Originally Posted by apaige