Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: openSUSE

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default openSUSE

    I've installed PTS V1.0.0 and the system-memory and java suites on openSUSE 10.3 x86_64. The system-memory and java suites both ran and uploaded the results to the server but the scripts <./phoronix-test-suite run system-memory> and <./phoronix-test-suite run java> did not complete successfully?

    Also when installing the system-compliance suite I get the message:

    OpenGL Utility Kit (GLUT)
    Possible Package Names: freeglut3-dev, freeglut-devel
    The above dependencies should be installed before proceeding. Press any key when you're ready to continue.

    But I have freeglut and freeglut-devel installed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by follyfarmer View Post
    I've installed PTS V1.0.0 and the system-memory and java suites on openSUSE 10.3 x86_64. The system-memory and java suites both ran and uploaded the results to the server but the scripts <./phoronix-test-suite run system-memory> and <./phoronix-test-suite run java> did not complete successfully?

    Also when installing the system-compliance suite I get the message:

    OpenGL Utility Kit (GLUT)
    Possible Package Names: freeglut3-dev, freeglut-devel
    The above dependencies should be installed before proceeding. Press any key when you're ready to continue.

    But I have freeglut and freeglut-devel installed?

    Ignore it, you will be fine.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Ignore it, you will be fine.
    Thanks deanjo, I assume you are referring to glut but what about the scripts hanging?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    York, UK
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Are you certain they're actually hanging? system-memory can take a VERY long time to complete (think 20+ minutes in some cases).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by follyfarmer View Post
    Thanks deanjo, I assume you are referring to glut but what about the scripts hanging?
    Which scripts?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Which scripts?
    system-memory and java.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_fungus View Post
    Are you certain they're actually hanging? system-memory can take a VERY long time to complete (think 20+ minutes in some cases).
    I think so, they produce the required result but do not return to the command prompt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,583

    Default

    When it comes to system memory tests, start the test and walk away from the machine. If you try using the machine during the tests it can take a really long time to complete (also make sure the machine isn't going to sleep or standby mode before running it.)

    As far as java goes. Install the java 1.7 found in the online repos from yast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •