Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Bought Microsoft Vista

One day I'll reach Alaska, or die trying!

Haha, it seems M$ is still their old self, trying to piss people off with BSOD's. However, I've heard there's an even worse, much more evil RSOD floating around...if I was a piece of hardware, I'd rather be destroyed than having to endure such a horrible Red Screen Of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    BSOD on loading of Windows installer.... At first it complained having no APCI (when I passed the -no-apci argument), so then I enabled it and then everything got all blue.
    Geez! What computer are you installing this on? A Dual Octal-Core with 72GB of DDR3?

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=68 With the new virt-manager changes for Fedora 7 I am going to try out Vista this week with that. Perhaps another article.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=68 With the new virt-manager changes for Fedora 7 I am going to try out Vista this week with that. Perhaps another article.
    I still think you're contaminating machines, real or virtual, with a particularly nasty variant of a boot-sector virus. What did the poor machine do to you to deserve such short shrift?

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    I still think you're contaminating machines, real or virtual, with a particularly nasty variant of a boot-sector virus. What did the poor machine do to you to deserve such short shrift?
    Do virtual machines change boot sectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy6 View Post
    Do virtual machines change boot sectors?
    No they don't.