PTS Logo Contest (Phoronix Test Suite)
With the PTS GUI now mainly finished, and Michael working on making it all "tick", PTS is needing a logo.
If you're an artistic type, feel free to add your submissions here. If no, go out and ask artists that you know!
The deadline is 20th of July. Still, feel free to submit early
What is needed
- a favicon
- 50x50 picture to be used for the program logo - so it'll show up in the applications menu, the dock, and in the window picture. svg preferrable.
- large picture (around or more than 300x50) picture, should include the words "Phoronix Test Suite", will be used on the website.
And some additional info...
- is your logo in svg format, or can you stick around and help us with the artwork when needed?
- are you willing to design the look for PTS Global? No website design skills (html, css) are required - only graphics are.
- please answer here.
I am pleased to announce that JA_SAM and Gimper have won the contest. Due to the very close competition between all of them, JA_SAM was chosen as the winner with the below graphic:
Gimper was chosen as the runner-up with his logo.
Once again, thanks to everyone who submitted a design and there were some really great graphics among them!
Submissions to date
- danfuhry (posts: click, click)
- days_of_ruin (posts: click, click)
- some-guy (posts: click, click, click, click, click)
- llogg (posts: click, click, click, click)
- niniendowarrior (posts: click, click)
- JA_SAM (posts: click, click, click)
- zsouthboy (post: click)
- m10. (post: click)
- swantonbomb88 (post: click)
- Gimper (post: click)
- nazo (post: click)
- Ai8iopas (post: click)
- rigobot (posts: click, click)
- Magstina (post: click)
- Giant Speck (post: click)
- mmx1 (post: click)
Last edited by Vadi; 07-22-2008 at 01:55 PM.
And another addendum, if the logo is really good, a prize (cash or computer hardware) will be involved...
Michael, the font doesn't seem to load up in Gimp.
Did you throw it in your fonts: folder? It works fine here.
Originally Posted by niniendowarrior
Here's the design I came up with:
Being a web guy, if I win the contest I'll design a custom template for PTS and build an Enano template around it if you guys want a slick interface for PTS Global.
Edit: Darn it, I messed up the name. Fixed. I also made a favicon version, will post that as soon as I can make up a PNG for it against different backdrops.
Edit 2: Here's the favicon:
Edit 3: Fixed borders on "suite"
Edit 4: Didn't realize there was a website already :-]
Everything's done in Inkscape so the SVGs can scale to any size.
Last edited by danfuhry; 06-29-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Very interesting idea with the tachometer inside the P Though the "suite" text looks a bit off.
Originally Posted by danfuhry
I was talking about Vadi with this... Yes, the winner may be offered a role designing the graphics for a slick PTS Global interface.
Originally Posted by danfuhry
I thought the word suite looked out of place as well. I edited my original post with an updated version.