Thread: Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 2

Default Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 2

Phoronix: Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 2

Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 1 arrived over two weeks late, but Alpha 2 has just been made available and its arriving only one day late. The development cycle for Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" is still young and there isn't too much to interest the end-user at this time aside from what we had shared in our Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 1 preview. To recap some of the Alpha 1 changes, there is a new (non-final) theme, a massive package import from Debian, and the latest unstable packages from the GNOME 2.23/2.24 branch...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjU4NQ

Is fglrx working again in alpha2? In alpha1 there was not possible to use it!
    Last edited by fragro; 07-12-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Well I tried, 2.6.26 patches are running, but the main problem is that the Xserver is too new for fglrx. If somebody knows how to remove this:

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
    dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: miZeroLineScreenIndex

let me know. Or best: ATI please fix Xserver 1.5 + kernel 2.6.26. Nvidia already has support for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Well I tried, 2.6.26 patches are running, but the main problem is that the Xserver is too new for fglrx. If somebody knows how to remove this:

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
    dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: miZeroLineScreenIndex

let me know. Or best: ATI please fix Xserver 1.5 + kernel 2.6.26. Nvidia already has support for both.
    In the next Days the new Catalyst 8.7 has release Time.

You think too positive. Usually ATI supports something only when it is called final. Fedora uses Xserver 1.5 since a few month and nothing happend. So maybe Xmas...