Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowgrounds Survivor coming to Linux

Red face Shadowgrounds Survivor coming to Linux

Well I said it before here
    But let's try it again with it's own thread. Offical english press release can be downloaded here

Haven't played it myself tough, so I can't say anything about game itself.

good news for linux gamers

If the stuff I saw on IGIOS' site (the bunch doing the porting work for Frozenbyte) is any indication it really IS good news.

I specially liked the part where they said "'Linux is fast becoming accepted in the mainstream and we are thrilled to take part in delivering quality games
    content for the platform,' said Mr. Lauri Hyvarinen, Frozenbyte CEO. "Frozenbyte remains focused on great
    console and Windows games but the groundbreaking work of IGIOS broadens the reach of our games onto the
    Linux platform."

Hell yeah! Keep 'em coming!

Has anyone tried this game? is it good?

Hey man that game looks pretty cool!

I played the windows demo a few years back than when there first Shadowgrounds was released.
    As I remember correctly, I enjoyed playing it, even though the demo was quite short.
    Also the whole windows gaming market was imo already overwhelmed of not-so-great titles, I didn't tested it that long and simply decided to not buy it (as I had already hundreds of good titles).

Today due to the lack of many great titles for the linux platform, I of course will buy it and I'm quite sure I will love it as I love scifi in general. =)

The reviews for it were favorable. It's a top-down shoot anything that moves type game. It's in the same vein as Smash TV as one reviewer described it- same kind of easy to step into, easy to step out of gameplay. At the pricepoint, it should be pretty good if you're into that sort of thing.

Any info on what's going on with his one? No news and apparently frozenbyte has taken down the press release