Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD 8.34.8 Display Driver

Quote Originally Posted by thecaptain2000 View Post
    but does it really work? I have just installed and still cannot use kdetv on my x800-xl. that application works fine using open source drivers.
    is this problem just mine or does it affect other punters?
    take care
    Renato
    Never tried kdetv with it but I know tvtime and mythtv works (though there is a bug in myth and fglrx).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Never tried kdetv with it but I know tvtime and mythtv works (though there is a bug in myth and fglrx).
    kdetv as well as xawtv don't seem to work with the fglrx drivers installed. It's not only with the x800 series of video card, but all of the radeon cards I have tried these software with. Tvtime does work properly with or without the fglrx drivers
    installed.

Note that I had the same problem under FC5 since after the release of the 8.28 drivers. Since I have the same problem under Slackware, I'd have to assume the this is an AMD/ATI problem, but since tvtime is working, I don't worry to much about it.
    Last edited by glussier; 02-23-2007 at 12:34 PM.

I see the newest problems with Rawhide. I am working on the specifier-qualifier-list problem right now.
    Have you made any progress in resolving the scripts with the rawhide distro?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by pabloa View Post
    Have you made any progress in resolving the scripts with the rawhide distro?

Thanks,
    I am still working on it and with the 8.35 packaging scripts. Unfortunately there is a major break in the packaging script compatibility between 8.34 -> 8.35, but hopefully will have the time to backport the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    8.35 comes on the 14th of march. This one will include Kernel 2.6.20 support.
    Today is March 17.

Partha
    www.partha.com

Quote Originally Posted by partha View Post
    Today is March 17.

Partha
    www.partha.com
    Yes, yes it is. I wonder when the new driver will be out

On an entirely different note, I can confirm Fedora Rawhide will work with this month's driver.

Great, I start liking Fedora but had troubles with Test 2 & fglrx and I can't burn dvds for FC6 because my writeable DVDs (german: Rohlinge) are currently damaged and I use the LiveCD Installer.

8.35 would have been released if the R600 wouldn't have been delayed again.

how much has r600 been delayed this time?

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi314 View Post
    how much has r600 been delayed this time?
    April and some parts to May.

Yes, yes it is. I wonder when the new driver will be out

On an entirely different note, I can confirm Fedora Rawhide will work with this month's driver.
    Michael,

The script you wrote for F7 Test 1 works fine with FC6 current kernel. Is the script still available and / or can I make it available at my website?

Thanks,

Partha
    www.partha.com