Thread: SurroundView(tm) with 780G?

Default SurroundView(tm) with 780G?

Hey all,

I'm looking to add a 3rd monitor to my system. As I understand it, the 780g chipset cannot drive both DVI and HDMI at the same time, so I need to get a PCIe card and use SurroundView.

Two questions:

1) Does SurroundView work without issues with fglrx? Google isn't helping me here.

2) Which video cards will work? The most descriptive requirement I can find says "compatable radeon VGA card," but what is "compatable"? Will anything with "radeon" in the name and "SurroundView" in the specs work?

I read somewhere that for Hybrid graphics I need a Radeon HD 34xx to work with my integrated HD 3200. But I don't need this "Hybrid" thing to use SurroundView, do I?

Thanks!

MWM

Stupid dupe.
    Last edited by Tgui; 08-20-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking to add a 3rd monitor to my system. As I understand it, the 780g chipset cannot drive both DVI and HDMI at the same time, so I need to get a PCIe card and use SurroundView.

Two questions:

1) Does SurroundView work without issues with fglrx? Google isn't helping me here.

2) Which video cards will work? The most descriptive requirement I can find says "compatable radeon VGA card," but what is "compatable"? Will anything with "radeon" in the name and "SurroundView" in the specs work?

I read somewhere that for Hybrid graphics I need a Radeon HD 34xx to work with my integrated HD 3200. But I don't need this "Hybrid" thing to use SurroundView, do I?

Thanks!

MWM
    I'm running a 780G and a 3450 PCIE card. Like you, this doesn't work. I've tried many things to get surround view too work with the 8.7 drivers.

Here is the thread I started on the ubuntu forums.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=883369

I'll be trying the 8.8 release tonight.

8.8 drivers fixed nothing. Though, now I can verify the temp of my cores :P

So it sounds like I need to be happy with two monitors for now :-/ I'll be keeping a close eye on phoronix.

Thanks for letting me know

MWM