Battle for Wesnoth (is there any real alternative to this masterpiece in gaming?)
zsnes (some of the good oldschool rpg games on the snes...)
scummvm (who could live without games like sam&max and monkey island?!?)
neverball (really seldom)
marble blast (very seldom, too, but a great game)
I do *not* use wine for gaming. I either want native games, or I tend to completely ignore them. Yes, I would love to have some games like the Civ series and Overlord as native linux version but until those are available, nothing for me...
In addition to playing quite a few games in WINE, I play:
- Regnum Online - best native MMORPG for Linux so far, surprised nobody here plays it.. You should do an article on it Michael
- Urban Terror - Much better than CS for me
- RTCW and W:ET - for the Woflenstein fan in me :P
- Teeworlds - Quite the fun little online game, also surprised no one here plays it..
- Savage 1 - Who can go for long without this one? :P I really want to buy the second part, but money issues prevent me from doing so..
I guess thats it.. I will post again if I find something I missed :P
I agree about Regnum Online... it is a fun MMO that I wish I had more time to play. I need to log back in and see how my character is doing .
Well, I use wine for a lot of games.
Then of course the id-batch. Quake3/4/ET:QW and Doom3.
And emulators are also important (Dosbox!!), and of course source ports of old games. Including stuff like Duke3D, Doom1/2, Wolfenstein3D, RotT, AlephOne and Descent.
Only few games I managed to get working over a LAN are Warsow, Quake series and UT 2004. Otherwise most of the others are good games. If DO I LAN or even play games, I will probably use Windows anyway. I don't like Wine. I must mention that I'm not as much of a gamer these days though...
Last edited by b15hop; 09-03-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Reason: PS: Edit because I found some games I've bought and played, but not necessarily finished.