- Some speed optimizations.
- 7-Zip now can unpack .lzma archives.
- Unicode (UTF-8) support for filenames in .ZIP archives. Now there are 3 modes:
1) Default mode: 7-Zip uses UTF-8, if the local code page doesn't contain required symbols.
2) -mcu switch: 7-Zip uses UTF-8, if there are non-ASCII symbols.
3) -mcl switch: 7-Zip uses local code page.
- Now it's possible to store file creation time in 7z and ZIP archives (-mtc switch).
- 7-Zip now can unpack multivolume RAR archives created with
"old style volume names" scheme and names *.001, *.002, ...
- Now it's possible to use -mSW- and -mSW+ switches instead of -mSW=off and -mSW=on
- Some bugs were fixed.
- Bug #1898410 : Timestamp error in archive listing
now "7za l .." and "ls -l just_extracted_file" give the same date and time.
- Bug #1860938 : unix file rights only 600 instead of 644
- Bug #1941574 : gzip files always marked as OS FAT, Now p7zip uses "Unix".
- Bug #1947700 : file containing excluded files not read
When using the -xr <filename> flag to list files not to be included in the
archive the file <filename> is not read if it is a symbolic link.
- Feature Requests #1868080 : add support to compile for NetWare (makefile.netware_asm_gcc_3.X)
- Patch #1883893 : Incorrect path ref to docs in man pages (When using the last ($DEST_DIR) argument with install.sh)
- now "install.sh" supports filenames with spaces.
- some code cleanup (Synchronization)
- some minor fix in the BZip2 codec.
- fix with the define "__TEXT" for s390