Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    997

    Default

    I just ordered cables from this company, tdDirect, and it is turning into the worst online order experience for me thus far. I have ordered computer hardware parts in the past from other retailers and have had minor issues but this is horrible. Michael and others (with referenced posts) just illustrated some examples. Are they making it up?!? I was given a reference number that doesn't show up and it took over a week to ship my part. I doubt I'll see anything. I wish I ordered from one of the competitors who was only a few dollars more. That is what you get when you try to save a little money.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    I just ordered cables from this company, tdDirect, and it is turning into the worst online order experience for me thus far. I have ordered computer hardware parts in the past from other retailers and have had minor issues but this is horrible. Michael and others (with referenced posts) just illustrated some examples. Are they making it up?!? I was given a reference number that doesn't show up and it took over a week to ship my part. I doubt I'll see anything. I wish I ordered from one of the competitors who was only a few dollars more. That is what you get when you try to save a little money.
    I would be more than happy to help you out.
    Do you have an order number I can check on?

    Dennis
    888-327-4719

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Customer support didn't offer to rectify the situation at all. They only offered to refund so I guess they won't ship in the method that would guarantee a decent time frame and arrival.

    So, I waited for over two weeks and don't have what I ordered.

    I urge anyone else to avoid that company. Caveat emptor.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I had ordered from Tiger Direct a few years ago and never had any issues with that company as far as my shopping experience and the quality of what they carried. However I have always felt that their shipping prices were outrageous so do not shop from them any more. New Egg is ok as long as you order on a Monday, I do not like the fact that they do not count the weekends with respect to the shipping times, also they charge you extra if you want a chance for your order to be processed and shipped the day you order it, if you don't they take 2 days just to process your order and possibly will not ship until the 3rd day after you ordered the item. My favorite vendor is Buy.com at this point, they do not have the selection of pc parts that New Egg has but check them out first, they just might have what you are looking for. Most items have free shipping and even though the free shipping is only guaranteed to take 7-9 business days every time I have ordered from them I have received my order in 3 days. Also your order usually ships out the same day you placed your order. If you order from them make sure that you select the free shipping option on the shopping cart page because it is not checked by default. I generally look on Buy.com first and if they do not have what I want then I go to New Egg.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    997

    Default

    I'm in Canada so I cannot order from Newegg as they won't ship to Canada. I ordered from Tiger Direct since they had the lowest price for the item I wanted but not by much. It seems most of the B.C. online computer stores are inter-connected despite different names.

    I received an email that the item is RMA and that the 'customer no longer wants' which is false. I wanted the item shipped via a different method since the one used would not ship to me. Since I wasn't 'home', they decided to ship it back without any wait time. How would you react? I have not had any similar problem with any other vendor or mail service. TDirect didn't ship until a week after I ordered for starters. Okay, enough of that. I am just stating my experience and the lack of any interest in solving the issue.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    Customer support didn't offer to rectify the situation at all. They only offered to refund so I guess they won't ship in the method that would guarantee a decent time frame and arrival.

    So, I waited for over two weeks and don't have what I ordered.

    I urge anyone else to avoid that company. Caveat emptor.

    I am here to help you or anyone on this forum.
    If you need a product let me know, I will get you my best price. If it doesn't work properly for you, I will return and send another one out ASAP. It is quit simple. Let me know show you another side of Tiger Direct.

    Dennis
    888-327-4719
    dennis.winkowski@tigerdirect.com

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winkowski View Post
    I am here to help you or anyone on this forum.
    If you need a product let me know, I will get you my best price. If it doesn't work properly for you, I will return and send another one out ASAP. It is quit simple. Let me know show you another side of Tiger Direct.

    Dennis
    888-327-4719
    dennis.winkowski@tigerdirect.com
    Okay, pm me what you can do.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    Okay, pm me what you can do.
    Basically, the next time you want to order something, get me involved. If you have a New Egg part number or manufacturer part number, send it my way and I will give you my best price.

    We have great deals all of the time but if you are looking for something specific, this is where I can really help. We have access to huge Vendors like Tech Data, Ingram, Synnex, a lot more than people think.

    I would be happy to help you or anyone else out.

    Dennis

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4

    Default Okay, just out of curiosity...

    Quote Originally Posted by winkowski View Post
    Basically, the next time you want to order something, get me involved. If you have a New Egg part number or manufacturer part number, send it my way and I will give you my best price.
    Okay, try this...

    I am selecting parts for a new server ATM, and one thing I want is 2x Kingston KVR800D2E5K2/4G, which is the same as 4x KVR800D2E5/2G. (2 GB unbuffered PC2-6400 with ECC. I'd take any manufacturer, but only Kingston seems to make it.)

    Aside: the fact that nobody else makes it is surprising; at sea level, you can expect at least one cosmic-ray-induced soft error burst per gigabyte per month. So if I want my server stable and not corrupting data for more than a week, I need ECC memory. But I don't want it any slower than necessary.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunks View Post
    Okay, try this...

    I am selecting parts for a new server ATM, and one thing I want is 2x Kingston KVR800D2E5K2/4G, which is the same as 4x KVR800D2E5/2G. (2 GB unbuffered PC2-6400 with ECC. I'd take any manufacturer, but only Kingston seems to make it.)

    Aside: the fact that nobody else makes it is surprising; at sea level, you can expect at least one cosmic-ray-induced soft error burst per gigabyte per month. So if I want my server stable and not corrupting data for more than a week, I need ECC memory. But I don't want it any slower than necessary.

    Good Morning,
    For Man# KVR800D2E5K2_4G my price to you is $137.00 currently have 108 in stock.

    Let me know of just give me a call 888-327-4719

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •