Intuit & Linux
Anyone have any questions about Intuit (makers of TurboTax and other software) and Linux? They also launched http://www.thelinux411.com/ quite recently... If anyone has any questions about Intuit and Linux, fire away and Intuit will answer them at Phoronix.
Originally Posted by Michael
I guess the most obvious questions I have for them are:
1) Quickbooks , Quicken and TurboTax, being ported to linux?
2) If so, what editions?
3) Native or through a bandaid solution like crossover?
4) Are they going to port their complete line or just have a minimal selection like they do for mac?
5) Do they plan on supporting other countries other then the USA. (Especially when it comes to Turbotax)?
EDIT: Couple more
6) Would updates be pushed or will a person have an option to opt out?
7) What steps have been taken not to replicate "The Quickbooks update from hell on OS X" on linux? http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-9834826-37.html
8) What partner's are going to be worked with to ensure compatibility with their distro's?
Last edited by deanjo; 09-17-2008 at 05:49 PM.
When is this going to take place?
Waiting on responses for the first batch of questions right now...