Thread: The Multi-Seat Display Manager

Default The Multi-Seat Display Manager

Phoronix: The Multi-Seat Display Manager

On behalf of the C3SL Multi-Seat Team, Paulo R. Zanoni has announced today on the X.Org mailing list the MDM, or Multi-Seat Display Manager...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjczMg

My School's ACM/IEEE Chapter could certainly find this technology useful.
    Each year we host a High School Programming Competition for local high schools. During this competition we usually have teams of 4 all using one computer. We could use this to allow teams to simultaneously collaborate on separate pieces of code without the need to use a complex source versioning tool like CVS or SVN.

I did a dual seat rig with PulseAudio and userful, but it didn't have OpenGL and I had to use one GPU for both seats. Hopefully this'll make all that better; this makes me very happy

Can we use 3D acceleration on both seats?

I haven't found any information about using MDM with one graphic card in some of the dual-head modes with one Xserver. Is it supported?
    And where's the link to the LiveCD to try?

My School's ACM/IEEE Chapter could certainly find this technology useful.
    Each year we host a High School Programming Competition for local high schools. During this competition we usually have teams of 4 all using one computer. We could use this to allow teams to simultaneously collaborate on separate pieces of code without the need to use a complex source versioning tool like CVS or SVN.

This seems great! The last time I tried to do a multiseat setup, I eventually succeeded but damn was it hard.

Also, I find interesting that most multiseat setups, tutorials, apps and code comes from Brazil. Great work guys