Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X3 Reunion Still Actively In Development

Hybrid View

Default X3 Reunion Still Actively In Development

Phoronix: X3 Reunion Still Actively In Development

Back in July we shared that X3: Reunion, one of the latest PC game titles being ported to Linux by Linux Game Publishing, was still in development. This game continues on where X2: The Threat had left off (a game ported to Linux earlier by LGP) and was developed by Egosoft and released for Microsoft Windows in 2005. X3: Reunion was originally scheduled to be released in August of 2007 (and the LGP product page still reflects this earlier target date), but that clearly didn't happen...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjczNw

Default participate the beta testing

good to hear that X3 is still alive..

on the one hand it's a bit disappointing that on Windows the next game X3-Terran Conflict will be release next week - but on the other hand after 18-19 beta releases I assume that the Linux version of X3-Reunion works pretty flawless - miles away from the buggy port on Mac OS X.

does anybody know, how to enter the beta testing? on X2-The Threat everybody who perordered the game could participate. Same on X3-Reunion?

speaking of "Terran Conflict" is that being ported as well?

Will the X3 linux port have any kind of copy protection? (though i know any kind of copy protection wont be as draconian as starforce )

Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Will the X3 linux port have any kind of copy protection? (though i know any kind of copy protection wont be as draconian as starforce )
    Yes, http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12526

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Ah, sorry for skipping that news posting. Thanks Michael.

LGP does not seem to be a very professionally run company to me. I've reported a supposed XSS vulnerability on their site two times _months_ ago, and they haven't done anything about it yet, putting their customer's login credentials and/or private data at risk.

For a demo of one of the vulnerabilities, have a look here, here or here.

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    LGP does not seem to be a very professionally run company to me. I've reported a supposed XSS vulnerability on their site two times _months_ ago, and they haven't done anything about it yet, putting their customer's login credentials and/or private data at risk.

For a demo of one of the vulnerabilities, have a look here, here or here.

gosh, thats one picture i could live without.

And it's one we ALL could have lived without seeing... Ugh... I'm just glad I'd eaten lunch over 3 hours ago...

The only way that picture could be better is if we could GIMP him a forked tounge!

Why LGP is down is that now that someone's released the vunerabilities into the wild some crackpot came across it and brought down the server. Way to go...
    FYI, problems still aren't fixed, and it's back up as of my timestamp.
    Last edited by me262; 09-23-2008 at 12:18 AM.