Thread: PulseAudio Picks Up Bluetooth Support

Default PulseAudio Picks Up Bluetooth Support

Phoronix: PulseAudio Picks Up Bluetooth Support

The group of developers behind PulseAudio, the Linux sound server that's quickly becoming the de facto standard, has today put out their 0.9.13 milestone release. For a large part this release just incorporates bug-fixes that have been addressed in the past month since 0.9.12, but there is one interesting new feature...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njc2NQ

I think this is good news!

Maybe those darn bluetooth headsets will work out of the box in a year's time or so eh?

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: PulseAudio Picks Up Bluetooth Support

The group of developers behind PulseAudio, the Linux sound server that's quickly becoming the de facto standard, has today put out their 0.9.13 milestone release. For a large part this release just incorporates bug-fixes that have been addressed in the past month since 0.9.12, but there is one interesting new feature...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njc2NQ
    Please wake me up when it's acutally useable. I still cannot use my computer's speakers from my PDA.

I'm eager to see when PA will properly support capturing sound, as currently is still somewhat erratic, not to mention that many apps have not yet evolved to use PA rather than aRTs, ESD or Alsa, though AFAIK there is a plugin that can/could route streams to PA when Alsa is invoked directly, say arecord and some VoIP software (less hassle that way than re-writing everything to use PA instead). However it is still far from usable, at least in my experience.