Thread: [rant] Fed up with PulseAudio

Thumbs down [rant] Fed up with PulseAudio

Does any one else here remove PulseAudio as soon as they install their distro?

I just absolutely hate it.
    I like to up the levels of Bass and Treble to give my sound more Umph and clarity, ALSA alone lets me do this without degrading the playback quality. I just go to alsamixer and adjust away.
    Throw in PulseAudio and it degrades sound quality to the ass levels of crap.

No way to easily adjust Bass/Treble for PulseAudio. You need to find a third party python script, adjust everything manually, copy the code it gives you into the gstreamer-properties. but since its pulseaudio, it doesn't really change anything for the better.

Is individual application volume control worth this?

I honestly feel PulseAudio is a cancer to linux. It's the worst thing to ever happen to all major distros.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEx View Post
    Does any one else here remove PulseAudio as soon as they install their distro?......

I honestly feel PulseAudio is a cancer to linux. It's the worst thing to ever happen to all major distros.
    Very first thing I do is remove that cancer. It does nothing but add to heartache and grief.