Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 243

Thread: When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Petitions for this sort of thing rarely if ever work. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    ePetitions are only for people with small ePenis :P

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    Petitions for this sort of thing rarely if ever work. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    ePetitions are only for people with small ePenis :P
    Little cynical, arent we today?

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    Petitions for this sort of thing rarely if ever work. Pretty much a waste of everyone's time.
    Indeed.

    A petition != purchase as far as the publisher and studio is concerned.

    Moreover, there seems to be some funny business going on with regards to how Epic is doing things. It appears that Sony was able to retain a time-limited exclusive to UT3 on the PS3- this means that they're open to being bought on the same regard for other platforms.

    Even if they didn't have a timed exclusive on the Windows and PS3 versions, this is on their time, not yours and moreover, it seems as if it's not as good a game as the previous versions were. Servers aren't really populated with players. I wonder why...

    No offense, guys... I think it's really time to move on with this one.
    Ryan says it'll ship...someday...and I believe him. Prey managed to get released for Linux, quite a bit later than I'd envisioned it when I'd found out about the existence of the port. The big question there is- will it matter? On UT3, I'm not sure it will.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Indeed.

    A petition != purchase as far as the publisher and studio is concerned.

    Moreover, there seems to be some funny business going on with regards to how Epic is doing things. It appears that Sony was able to retain a time-limited exclusive to UT3 on the PS3- this means that they're open to being bought on the same regard for other platforms.

    Even if they didn't have a timed exclusive on the Windows and PS3 versions, this is on their time, not yours and moreover, it seems as if it's not as good a game as the previous versions were. Servers aren't really populated with players. I wonder why...

    No offense, guys... I think it's really time to move on with this one.
    Ryan says it'll ship...someday...and I believe him. Prey managed to get released for Linux, quite a bit later than I'd envisioned it when I'd found out about the existence of the port. The big question there is- will it matter? On UT3, I'm not sure it will.
    Maybe theyre waiting for the UT3 expansion.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    ePetitions are only for people with small ePenis :P
    <*snicker*> That's BAD, Dragonlord. You're not supposed to say things like that with your "outside" voice, you know...

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Maybe theyre waiting for the UT3 expansion.
    Yanno... If it makes it fun to play, sure. But I'm none to happy with them over how they treated the Linux and Mac user communities with this whole affair.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    ePetitions are only for people with small ePenis :P
    Over here in the UK they can be useful http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/. That being said the responses tend to be the normal political bull I've come to expect.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    Over here in the UK they can be useful http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/. That being said the responses tend to be the normal political bull I've come to expect.
    That's not the same thing as doing an e-petition for a game port, etc.

    I don't know HOW many people have ran one of these up the flagpole for Linux related requests, getting as much as tens of thousands of signatories- only to have them completely ignored.
    Last edited by Svartalf; 01-14-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: corrected...ugh...a stupid spelling mistake...

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    That's not the same thing as doing an e-petition for a game port, etc.
    Then Dragonlord should have been more specific

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •