Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The UVD/UVD2 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i don't care abaut nvidia and cuda the zeroday hartware destroy exploid for nvidia drivers and cuda will come after that amd the only one LOL *G*!

after that the same hacker will fix the same problem in the opensource amd driver and all suns are happy :-)
    lol What the hell do you think openCL was heavily based on? Why do you think porting Cuda code to openCL is so easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    It does not matter for me if you use amd or intel cpus, but when the cheap cpus are able to decode 1080p then why would you buy a dedicated gfx chip which could do the same? Then you could stay with standard chips as long as they provide at least xv.
    yes why not ?????... ???--??..???-..????--???...??

AMD will support OpenCL 100%! so all future software will speedet up...

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    lol What the hell do you think openCL was heavily based on? Why do you think porting Cuda code to openCL is so easy?
    LOL no humore there....

OpenCL is the same i know!

but OpenCL will comes from via and intel and amd and some other i hope-.

cuta only nvidia shit-.

LOL no humore there....

OpenCL is the same i know!

but OpenCL will comes from via and intel and amd and some other i hope-.

cuta only nvidia shit-.
    ROTLMAO, dude do you realize what openCL was developed on? Nvidia and Apple baby. Oh those evil overlords.

BluRay was dead the day it was conceived. The world is moving to a streaming VOD solution. Also that cluster to crack the key would have consist of basically machine in the world to do it in a click then play scenario.

I can kill a fly with a 747 too but it doesn't make it anymore realistic for regular use.
    Yes! Blueray is dead ! i know-.

and yes a everytime updatet streaming solution is much harter to crack..

but!

you can Catch the analog part with a Cam and a micro!

after that... P2P software will do the rest!

ROTLMAO, dude do you realize what openCL was developed on? Nvidia and Apple baby. Oh those evil overlords.
    Yes!.. i know!

But what is the alternativ way ?

Yes!.. i know!

But what is the alternativ way ?

Why didn't the foss'rs develop it, why did they have to wait for the evil overlords to take the bull by the horns?

Without them you would see nothing in the forseeable future for a set standard of GPGPU computing. Those companies got the ball rolling.

Why didn't the foss'rs develop it, why did they have to wait for the evil overlords to take the bull by the horns?

Without them you would see nothing in the forseeable future for a set standard of GPGPU computing. Those companies got the ball rolling.
    What is the REAL alternativ way ? ?? ? o yes nothing!

the R900 will have diverend parts for the drm/Copyprotection and for the viedeo part!

What is the REAL alternativ way ? ?? ? o yes nothing!

the R900 will have diverend parts for the drm/Copyprotection and for the viedeo part!
    Oh hell the technology has been out there for fscking years

http://llvm.org/
    http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/brookgpu/
    http://openmp.org/wp/

It took the evil doer's to get the foss's community's heads out of their collective asses and get shit rolling.

Keep in mind that openCL is not limited to GPU's, but also DSP's, CPU's and solutions like Cell. Many devices but yet only a select few were able to pull off putting out a standard (in record time none the less).

Quote Originally Posted by RobBrownNZ View Post
    @bridgman: Kudos to you for being present in these fora, but crikey, you're not actually saying anything! UVD/UVD2 is *still* not available for use by real people, while nvidia is, frankly, kicking your arse with VDPAU.
    I'm not talking about driver features we might introduce in the future because we don't want you making purchase decisions based on things we haven't released yet. We do pre-announce hardware products to our manufacturing partners because their design cycles require earlier notification, and sometimes that information leaks to the public, but otherwise we try hard to only talk about things when they are ready to ship.

Unless we co-ordinate product planning with our competitors, someone is always going to be first. Sometimes we're first, sometimes we're not.

I still have my 780G mobo in a usable state, but it's gathering dust until you guys produce something tangible. In the meantime, I and several other people I've advised, are enjoying our nvidia-based home theatre (and believe me, the closed-source aspect isn't making us lose sleep).
    Yep, nothing wrong with that...

Your lack of concrete progress has led to me thinking of AMD/ATI as a vapourware store... and believe me, it makes me quite unhappy to say that.
    ...but I have to take issue with this statement. Vapourware implies that we announced something and didn't deliver it. With respect, you are complaining that we don't talk about future products in one paragraph and accusing us of shipping vapourware in the next. One of those has to be wrong