Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 132

Thread: One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,894

    Default One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

    Phoronix: One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

    It was one year ago to the day that Unreal Tournament 3 had shipped in North America. This title created by Epic Games was originally supposed to come with the Linux binaries on the game's DVD but that didn't happen and the UT3 Linux server arrived a month late...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njg2NQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ~/ Sweet ~/
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

    It was one year ago to the day that Unreal Tournament 3 had shipped in North America. This title created by Epic Games was originally supposed to come with the Linux binaries on the game's DVD but that didn't happen and the UT3 Linux server arrived a month late...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njg2NQ
    Games for Windows ... need I say more?

    /scnr

  3. #3

    Default

    Yeeehaw! For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, that everyone can deny.

    Bah... who ordered cold tears for drinks? lol.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    575

    Default

    if they think i'm stupid enough to buy this game after 1 year it came out they're wrong.
    Last edited by bulletxt; 11-19-2008 at 02:14 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    Yeeehaw! For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, that everyone can deny.

    Bah... who ordered cold tears for drinks? lol.
    Lets all party!!!!!! ut3 linuxless 1st anniversary!! Anyone wanna send cliffyb a special something delivered directly to his door as a thank you??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    321

    Default

    I seriously doubt UT3 will have the linux version get past the legal department, because last i knew some middle ware was causing issues.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Well, in any case, i'd like to personally thank Michael Larabel and the entire Phoronix site and team, as well as everyone who posts and browses these boards, for providing a great place for linux users to vent their frustrations at the lack of a linux client for ut3 freely, and to provide (mostly) "constructive criticism". Great job guys!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Epic is that woman that strings a guy along for months on end, a tease, that never commits. Dump the bitch IMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Well, in any case, i'd like to personally thank Michael Larabel and the entire Phoronix site and team, as well as everyone who posts and browses these boards, for providing a great place for linux users to vent their frustrations at the lack of a linux client for ut3 freely, and to provide (mostly) "constructive criticism". Great job guys!
    Yes, thank you Phoronix for providing a place where we can discuss this issue without worry of censorship. Thank you for commenting on this issue from time to time, and for consistently providing us with high quality articles on many subjects.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Epic is that woman that strings a guy along for months on end, a tease, that never commits. Dump the bitch IMO.
    At least a woman like that will flash her cleavage every once and while and keep insisting that they exist.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •