Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 132

Thread: One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    It used to have a very harsh punishment (Often short, painful, and pretty final
    I say we take the warning labels of things and let natural selction sort the world out for us. On a completely unrelated note, I wonder what if the being an undertaker pays well...

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Damn, i think i reached the wrong board. I thought this was the board about linux and f/oss, didnt know it was a political current affaird boards, sorry.
    ROFLMAO! I was only commenting on the off-topic bent the thread took the past couple of days...

    As for Linux, things are about to get interesting...got some insider info from one of the OEMs over the weekend...sorry can't say much, but it's going to get more "fun" shortly for Redmond.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    ROFLMAO! I was only commenting on the off-topic bent the thread took the past couple of days...

    As for Linux, things are about to get interesting...got some insider info from one of the OEMs over the weekend...sorry can't say much, but it's going to get more "fun" shortly for Redmond.
    You and your insiders!!! The curiosity is killing me now!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Let me guess: the OEM is Dell (they already sell ubuntu PC's, so they are the most likely candidate), and they are either going to actively market ubuntu, or sell computers with it in more countries, or both.

    Please tell me if I'm completely wrong or not, I am very curious now, when do you think we will hear more about whatever it is you refer to?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    107

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    ROFLMAO! I was only commenting on the off-topic bent the thread took the past couple of days...

    As for Linux, things are about to get interesting...got some insider info from one of the OEMs over the weekend...sorry can't say much, but it's going to get more "fun" shortly for Redmond.
    Your info is related to thread title (UT3 client) or gaming with Linux? or it could be that Dell mininotebook with Linux...

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Damn teasing... got me hooked. But there are in fact various "gotchas" around that M$ did unleash themselves recently so I don't know which one you are now referring to :P

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marakaid View Post
    Your info is related to thread title (UT3 client) or gaming with Linux? or it could be that Dell mininotebook with Linux...
    Unrelated to the thread...

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Let me guess: the OEM is Dell (they already sell ubuntu PC's, so they are the most likely candidate), and they are either going to actively market ubuntu, or sell computers with it in more countries, or both.
    Insider info is a tricky thing... I've promised not to spread around stuff past the tease I gave ya to the person that shared it with me. I could get the friend that confided in me the stuff in a lot of hot water for him relating it to me.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Damn teasing... got me hooked. But there are in fact various "gotchas" around that M$ did unleash themselves recently so I don't know which one you are now referring to :P
    Try several of them...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Hell, if the chaos mod for UT3 was canceled, then there really isn't a large enough player base to make the game worthwhile. And if there isn't a player base, then the game must really suck.
    Know what would be awesome on Epic's part? If they released a high def expansion for UT99 with high res textures and everything.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •