Zotac NVIDIA 8800 GTS Problems
I'm having a wierd problem with Linux on my gaming rig. Since I installed a Zotac Nvidia 8800GTS 512Mb on my machine (almost) all flavours of Linux crash on my machine.
The hardware is the one that follows:
- Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH (G965 chipset, lastest firmware)
- Intel® Core2Duo E6400 2.13GHz
- 1Gbx2 Kingston RAM
- 3 HDD’s SATA (1 WD 200Gb, 1 WD 250Gb, 1 Maxtor 300Gb)
- DVD Burner PATA LG 16x
- EuroTech 550Watt PowerSupply
- ZOTAC NVidia 8800GTS 512Mb PCI-Express
Ubuntu (8.04.1 and 8.10) crashes on "loading drivers" with a ugly kernel oops. Same for Linux Mint...
Fedora (9 and 10) install ok, but then freezes some seconds after login... Fedora also manages to destroy the Windows Vista Boot loader.
OpenSuse 11 installs ok, but then crashes on first boot with the same kind of kernel oops that Ubuntu gives.
Mandriva boots, installs, and runs fine - no problems whatsoever! As does Windows Vista SP1, Windows XP SP3 and OpenSolaris.
No clues my friends... no clues...
Tags for this Thread