Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prey Linux Retail Client Released

Hybrid View

Default Prey Linux Retail Client Released

Phoronix: Prey Linux Retail Client Released

Back in October Ryan Gordon surprised the Linux community by releasing a Linux game demo of Prey two-years after the game began shipping on Windows. He was contracted to port the Prey server to Linux but this was the first time we were seeing any client...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjkxMA

I guess I'll go out and buy a windows box of the game O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    I guess I'll go out and buy a windows box of the game O.o
    No! Wait for release on tuxgames.com.
    We have to support linux games. It costs exactly like windows version here in Slovakia

This is very nice, Prey is a great game.

But as a heads up, the Steam CD-key does not work with the Linux version. (atleast for me).. . So even if you can use the data files from the Steam install, you still need a boxed version for the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Crbz View Post
    This is very nice, Prey is a great game.

But as a heads up, the Steam CD-key does not work with the Linux version. (atleast for me).. . So even if you can use the data files from the Steam install, you still need a boxed version for the key.
    I don't think the ones in the box are different, since you can buy a boxed version and enter your cd key in Steam to gain the copy digitally.

Default Steam CD key for Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Crbz View Post
    How do you identify your Steam version's "CD key"? I can't find it anywhere. I think I made the same mistake you did, and made it a purchase via Steam and downloaded it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skkayman View Post
    No! Wait for release on tuxgames.com.
    We have to support linux games. It costs exactly like windows version here in Slovakia
    Why would I pay 4 times more for basicly the same thing (oh yay a burnt cd with the native linux binaries!). I want to support tuxgames but seriously things like that just get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    Why would I pay 4 times more for basicly the same thing (oh yay a burnt cd with the native linux binaries!). I want to support tuxgames but seriously things like that just get on my nerves.
    Unless you're going to be able to obtain a Windows 3-CD set or the DVD edition (as Ryan indicates...), you may have to buy it that way. It's in bargain bins in a few places and in a few of the used places at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Unless you're going to be able to obtain a Windows 3-CD set or the DVD edition (as Ryan indicates...), you may have to buy it that way. It's in bargain bins in a few places and in a few of the used places at this time.
    I didn't find it in any bargin bins when I looked around after the initial annoucement but I did find it on amazon for 5... compared to 22... I think I know which one I'll be picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    As I said, for me, it costs the same here in Slovakia.. 15$ on tuxgames.com is ~350sk (slovak krown), local shop with windows release has price 300Sk. 5 from amazon is 200Sk - that's two beers difference (and amazon won't sell anything than books, movies and music to Slovakia..).

and why even if it costs more? to show that linux games are wanted! the big CEO's and managers of hug companies do not look at these forums and counting how many linux users buy windows version of their game to use with linux binary. They just look at how many linux boxes was sold? And that's the problem..
    We have to buy linux games if we want more of them
    Last edited by skkayman; 12-09-2008 at 03:51 AM.