Thread: Cooler Master ATCS 840 EATX

Default Cooler Master ATCS 840 EATX

Phoronix: Cooler Master ATCS 840 EATX

Earlier this year we had looked at the Cooler Master CSX Gargoyle chassis, which was a limited-edition custom-painted chassis that came from their Customize Style Experience (CSX) group. With the CSX Gargoyle selling for over $1,000 USD, it's not economical for most computer enthusiasts or gamers. However, if you are looking for another well-designed Cooler Master chassis that will not set you back nearly as much, there is their new ATCS 840 EATX chassis. The ATCS 840 only costs about $250, but it provides a plethora of room and features.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13218

You're meant to take the packing out of the case before taking photos of the insides.

One useful feature you forgot to mention is the large hole in the motherboard tray in this photo:-

This is located where the CPU socket sits on a more standard motherboard than your test rig, and allows the fitting/changing of the CPU heatsink without removing the motherboard from the tray.
    Last edited by IanW; 12-09-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanW View Post
    One useful feature you forgot to mention is the large hole in the motherboard tray in this photo:-

This is located where the CPU socket sits on a more standard motherboard than your test rig, and allows the fitting/changing of the CPU heatsink without removing the motherboard from the tray.
    I think I mentioned it in the article.

Unhappy

So you did. My bad, I missed it. Sorry.