Thread: DRM Graphics Driver Comes For Dove/Cubox

Default DRM Graphics Driver Comes For Dove/Cubox

Phoronix: DRM Graphics Driver Comes For Dove/Cubox

The SolidRun CuBox is advertised as the "world's smallest desktop computer" with a size of just two-inches cubed (5cm). The CuBox is powered by an ARM PJ4 800MHz SoC and now it has available an open-source DRM Linux graphics driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM3NDE

Default Russel wasn't the only one

Does anyone even use a CuBox? What's the point of it when you can buy the way more powerful ODROID-U2 for potentially the same price (inc. accessories) and same dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by [deXter] View Post
    Does anyone even use a CuBox? What's the point of it when you can buy the way more powerful ODROID-U2 for potentially the same price (inc. accessories) and same dimensions?
    I do; I have an ODROID-U2 as well. But setting up properly working graphics with the ODROID-U2 is not a simple task either.

I use one and am contemplating buying extra.

1. Solid-Run was first
    2. The ODRIOD-U2 can't be accepted into the living room.
    3. No SATA connection
    4. XBMC is support is not ready yet
    5. Not a word on HDMI CEC

Somebody actually 3d printed a case and added a Ethernet passtrough to get it on the right place.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:49404

But then again the TOSLINK connector on the side of the CuBox is a mistake as well.

So.

When XBMC support comes along and a living room acceptable case is delivered, the CuBox is becomes the latter choice.

I use my CuBox.
    <insert plonk here>

Pics, or it didn't happen. People really need to market their graphics work with some spicy videos. I want a relevant example of what this achieves.