Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Alpha 2 Released

Default Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Alpha 2 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Alpha 2 Released

It's coming a day late but Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Alpha 2 is now available. The release announcement for this second test release can be read on ubuntu-devel-announce...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njk0NQ

Well the biggest problem is currently the 2.6.28 kernel and NFS support. This does not work correctly like it did with 2.6.27.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Well the biggest problem is currently the 2.6.28 kernel and NFS support. This does not work correctly like it did with 2.6.27.
    is NFS broken in 2.6.28? or you are talking about a specific issue of ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by bulletxt View Post
    is NFS broken in 2.6.28? or you are talking about a specific issue of ubuntu?
    Kernel issue I would assume since I don't think Kano would be running ubuntu.

http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/jaunty/alpha2

"Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is now disabled, to reduce issues experienced by users who accidentally trigger the key combo. Users who do want this function can enable it via the DontZap option in xorg.conf. A GUI tool to simplify setting xorg.conf options is under development and will be available in a later Alpha release."

Braindead Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by r1348 View Post
    http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/jaunty/alpha2

"Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is now disabled, to reduce issues experienced by users who accidentally trigger the key combo. Users who do want this function can enable it via the DontZap option in xorg.conf. A GUI tool to simplify setting xorg.conf options is under development and will be available in a later Alpha release."

Braindead Linux.
    They should copy suse here, it makes a system beep the first time you press it, and if you do it a second time(in a row), it works

Disabled X kill is stupid. First I thought that is an issue with VBox which I used for testing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Disabled X kill is stupid. First I thought that is an issue with VBox which I used for testing...
    I absoluteley love Ubuntu, but I agree with you on this.

I'll admit to killing my X server accidentally a few times (mostly due to the fact that I used to use Ctrl+Alt to switch keyboard layouts), but disabling it entirely is overkill. Like some-guy says, it should just be made a little harder to activate, if anything.

so i hit ctrl alt delete to bring up the task manager and everythingwent away

Seriously? With as often as X freezes up and needs to be brutally murdered, I'm pretty sure I'll be turning that key combo back on very quickly. Plus, it's by no means the most problematic key combination you're likely to see. ctrl-alt-delete should bring up the gnome system monitor if you hit it once, give you the shutdown menu if you hit it twice, and restart if you hit it three times.