Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: America's Army 3.0 "May Return" To Linux

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    573

    Default

    good news.... good news Come on AMD do a good job with your FGLRX driver and we will all be happy

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Normally I'd love another game for linux, but not this, I refuse to install a game made by the military for propaganda purposes.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
    Normally I'd love another game for linux, but not this, I refuse to install a game made by the military for propaganda purposes.
    Me neither. DoD propagandistic crap to get idiots to recruit.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Besides many dislike AA because it's "America" in it or "Army". Mind you that there are gamers out there with style that don't like playing YAFG ( Yet Another FPS Game ).
    True but nobody cares about the French and not all styles are good. Nobody takes "The French" serious anyway. I mean with those funny hats and that whiny accent... which might be cute on their women, but on the men it's just annoying. I can also see why they wouldn't want to play a FPS. The most aggressive thing I've seen them do was whine "Get back or we will point our bottoms at you while we run away."

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Krita and Digicam are more akin to being in the MS Paint class.
    I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Both programs are extremely capable, and sport a number of advanced features, among which are fully color managed, support for RAW files, and an extensive plug-in system (kipi-plugins).

    Krita: http://koffice.org/krita/
    In addition, Krita (a painting / image editing program), supports a huge number of color spaces in up to 32 bits per channel (depending on the colorspace), provides realistic watercolor painting, and provides all the basics (and then some) for touching up images and creation of them. Although if you are going to be dealing with photographs mostly, Digikam is recommended instead, because it's specially built for photography.

    Digikam: http://www.digikam.org
    Digikam is a prosumer-level app which provides the capability to handle your photos from the camera thru to post-processing and exporting to several online photo galleries. A listing of the features can be found here: http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/features9x
    They include handling all major metadata tags, including makernotes, a light table for photo comparison, duplicate image finder, geotagging (including plotting on a map), a RAW converter, and a fast photo editor.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamor View Post
    True but nobody cares about the French and not all styles are good. Nobody takes "The French" serious anyway. I mean with those funny hats and that whiny accent... which might be cute on their women, but on the men it's just annoying. I can also see why they wouldn't want to play a FPS. The most aggressive thing I've seen them do was whine "Get back or we will point our bottoms at you while we run away."
    How did you get now on France?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Guyz guyz guyz....
    Less arguing about nonsense. More arguing about games.

    Why do you dislike Steam Dragonlord? If Valve were to port Steam to Linux, then they might also bring the source engine and their previous engine to Linux. That would increase the native number of Linux games by a substantial number. Also, it would mean that a game ported to Linux would be open to a much larger player base than normal.

    I don't really care about AA though. If you can't rocket jump in an FPS then it's not worth playing IMHO.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dashcloud View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Both programs are extremely capable, and sport a number of advanced features, among which are fully color managed, support for RAW files, and an extensive plug-in system (kipi-plugins).
    Don't forget Inkscape and Karbon. KDE's program that competes with MS Paint is KolourPaint. KolourPaint is freakin awesome for what it does, but I wouldn't put Krita in that same class by any means.

    Besides, I don't see what is so wrong with GIMP. Options just for the sake of options is dumb. GIMP allows all sorts of plugins to change even core interface elements. I say we have more than enough options as far as applications go. We could use more Filter plugins though... but I personally am satisfied.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Me neither. DoD propagandistic crap to get idiots to recruit.
    So what? If it's fun I will play it

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superppl View Post
    Guyz guyz guyz....
    Less arguing about nonsense. More arguing about games.

    Why do you dislike Steam Dragonlord? If Valve were to port Steam to Linux, then they might also bring the source engine and their previous engine to Linux. That would increase the native number of Linux games by a substantial number. Also, it would mean that a game ported to Linux would be open to a much larger player base than normal.

    I don't really care about AA though. If you can't rocket jump in an FPS then it's not worth playing IMHO.
    Did you ever consider the alternative of what could happen with steam being ported? It could just as easily go the other way where they thought there might be a potential profitable market but it turns out there is not. Resulting in more real life numbers showing that there is no profit in linux gaming. PTC for example thought there would be great potential in supporting linux Pro/E only to find that it wasn't profitable at all. PTC didn't give just a half assed attempt either in the end they wound up killing the linux Pro/E because it simply wasn't profitable despite being a big ticket item. In a day and age where technology and development houses are laying off in mass your probably going to see dwindling linux support as companies try to make it through the tough times. As a business person would you sink a ton of money into a marketshare that makes up a very small percentage or are you going to use that capitol to develop for a much larger audience?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •