Thread: Phoronix @ JavaOne

Default Phoronix @ JavaOne

After hearing from Sun Microsystems yesterday, it looks like Phoronix will be providing live coverage from JavaOne. Covered this year at JavaOne is Java Technology, scripting in PHP and other languages, Web 2.0 technologies, open-source, and much more. JavaOne runs this year from May 8 to May 11 in San Francisco at the Moscone Center. It looks like I will be there at this point and David Lin may be in attendance as well to provide extra coverage for Phoronix.
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=90

If you look at the event schedule for JavaOne and see a specific speech or session you would like covered, let me know. If you want coverage of anything else going on in San Francisco, just let me know.

Wow- that is great! Thanks for the updates to come.

Covering these types of conventions is a very cool thing. Thanks for covering this one and I hope more will come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuapurcell View Post
    Covering these types of conventions is a very cool thing. Thanks for covering this one and I hope more will come in the future.

Right after JavaOne is done, and based upon its success, LinuxWorld and OSCON will be scheduled right after returning from CA.

I'm interested in how Java's new licence (GPL) will affect IBM's version of Java. When it comes to IBM products, for the most part I understand that IBM has their own version of Java that is included in their products. I don't know if this IBM version can still keep whatever license it currently has or not though. Will this topic be something that is covered at JavaOne in any way?

Something else I'm interested in hearing about from this conference is Sun's Darkstar project. I know there will be two different discussions (I think one is a lab and another is a talk)... any plans to make it to either of these?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuapurcell View Post
    Something else I'm interested in hearing about from this conference is Sun's Darkstar project. I know there will be two different discussions (I think one is a lab and another is a talk)... any plans to make it to either of these?
    I should be at one of those... Though I may seek additional information on it during the press round tables .