Okay, I thought the times where fglrx crashed for no obvious reason were gone, but apparently they aren't
I just visited the ALSA wiki (http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page), browsed a bit through it (actually, only 2 or 3 links, especially the "changes from *.18") and suddenly my X server crashed with a hardlock. This seems to happen all the time when I visit the ALSA wiki, but I have no problems whatsoever on other websites.
Just wanted to ask if anyone else has had similiar experiences.
About my system configuration:
- Intel E8x00, 3.16 GHz, 64 bit
- 4 GB DDR2 RAM
- a 3850 with 512 MB (PCIe)
- running Fedora 9 with manually installed KDE 4.2
- Firefox 9 64 bit with Adobe Flash Player 10 (also 64 bit)
- Catalyst 9.1 (occured in 8.12, too, perhaps even earlier)
Xorg.0.old.log doesn't say anything special (same as if it didn't crash).
I don't have that much time right now, but I'll try that again tomorrow with Konqueror or under XFCE. If there's any other system information you need to know, just ask