Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMD Phenom II questions

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    And who will fix Wine to run better on non-NVidia cards? Currently, the only things missing from Wine is the "NVidia: The Way It's Meant To Be Played" logo.
    thats not true.

i watch wine on ati carts over more than a year now.

they fix ati problems.... and makes thinks better..

but.. yes ATI carts lags support...

DX7 game works well (testet OFP and 3dmark2000 and 2001)

DX8 games works well to 3dmark03 works well only litle problems grafic errors in 1-2 scenes.. i also test chuhulu dark corner of the erd.

DX9b works well to--- 3dmark03...

DX9c do not work.... becourse Opengl2.1 do not have extansions for this..

wine uses nvidia only extansions for dx9C....

but now opengl3 is there.. and wine starts to fix that with opengl3 exstanions..

and so one.. for now nvidia wins.... in the future ATI will work to..

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The price is interesting, but that's all. Just don't blame anybody that nobody told you before when you run into troubles.
    i play on ATI in wine.. all up to DX9B shader2.. works well..

yes most importand games are DX9C shader3... i know..

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro-tull View Post
    Do you have any idea how long everyone's been saying that? I never had an fglrx release that was "just right" - either one thing was busted, or it was another. When one problem got fixed, another one popped up.

If it were me, I'd stick with the Phenom but throw in a GeForce 8 or 9 series card (substitute "Phenom" with "Athlon X2", and that actually IS what I'm doing). Maybe in a few months (when X developers have had their way with the sample code and hardware specifications) spring for an R600/700 and go with xf86-video-ati or xf86-video-radeonhd.
    in 8.4 they chance code base YES PROBLEMS.....
    in 9.2 they fixet the most of the problems..

catalyst 9.3 works well on my system right now....
    what is your problem ?

i think the overall godlikefix for the catalyst will be the radeonhd driver :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    catalyst 9.3 works well on my system right now....
    what is your problem ?
    The problem is, as I see it, nobody has 9.3 yet, let alone 9.2. So nobody can verify your claims that 9.3 fixes everything or that it fixes anything.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for one, I find it annoying as hell that you talk about releases that aren't out and that you shouldn't have, and I really don't trust your assertations that they fix the problems that everyone seems to have with the drivers.

I guess that's my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnycat26 View Post
    The problem is, as I see it, nobody has 9.3 yet, let alone 9.2. So nobody can verify your claims that 9.3 fixes everything or that it fixes anything.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for one, I find it annoying as hell that you talk about releases that aren't out and that you shouldn't have, and I really don't trust your assertations that they fix the problems that everyone seems to have with the drivers.

I guess that's my problem.
    o yes... for me its work gread.
    in 9-2 composit+vx works.