Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Benchmarking On Ubuntu Just Became Easier

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well, due to the overwhelming response recently for a PTS GUI, I have made the decision to commit a preview of the GTK interface for Phoronix Test Suite 1.8. A early version of the GUI will be committed this week to Git.


    ... and there's a teaser Feedback on the UI will be welcome.

  2. #12

    Default

    I have just pushed some early code for the GTK2 GUI to Git.

    To launch the GUI, run: phoronix-test-suite gui. The PHP GTK module (http://gtk.php.net/) module is required for support. Unfortunately, not many distributions have packaged PHP GTK, yet.

    There's still a lot to be hooked in, but you can start looking at basic information, system information, and other items through the interface.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Looks good so far. This is shaping up to be THE benchmarking software. Not just on Linux, but period.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,598

    Default

    I tried php-gtk from here:

    http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-gtk/

    Even updated the package to 2.0.1 for testing. GUI does not start. What is wrong? Do you use the gtk1 module?

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I tried php-gtk from here:

    http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-gtk/

    Even updated the package to 2.0.1 for testing. GUI does not start. What is wrong? Do you use the gtk1 module?
    Nope, I am using the GTK2 module and everything. Let's debug this problem on IRC.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    98

    Default Ubuntu

    It would be nice if Ubuntu added PTS somewhere to Application menu by default. Currently I don't see any straightforward way on Ubuntu Desktop to display basic system info, let alone do some performance checks (without going to CLI).

  7. #17

    Default

    Many more GTK2 GUI improvements in Git

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mirza View Post
    It would be nice if Ubuntu added PTS somewhere to Application menu by default. Currently I don't see any straightforward way on Ubuntu Desktop to display basic system info, let alone do some performance checks (without going to CLI).
    I would love for Phoronix Test Suite to appear on the Ubuntu ISO, but realistically that is unlikely it would occur since it means php-cli would also then need to be spun with Ubuntu, etc.

    Below is the visual system information area for it right now (as of what's in Git as 7PM EST, it could easily change soon, even today):


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hmmm? I am not too familiar with Arch. All of the Arch Linux support is now committed to Git if you want to test it out. But beyond that, I am not familiar with Arch's AUR (and also lack a great deal of time), so any help is appreciated.
    Well, its this system which helps you automatically compile a whole software from source code and make a package with all dependencies auto-installed.

    But I think for Phoronix Suite which has binary apps like Urban Terror which is not Open Source, this won't be applicable

    Is there a single .tar.gz version of Phoronix Test Suite which contains ALL apps along with a launcher, which does not download anything from the internet to install ? I would really appriciate it if it exists. That can enable making a package out of phoronix test suite in a way similar to the way Adobe Flash Player is installed - it downloads from thenet and extracts the files.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheadGautham View Post
    Is there a single .tar.gz version of Phoronix Test Suite which contains ALL apps along with a launcher, which does not download anything from the internet to install ? I would really appriciate it if it exists. That can enable making a package out of phoronix test suite in a way similar to the way Adobe Flash Player is installed - it downloads from thenet and extracts the files.
    No. That package would be over 10GB+ in size and rarely any users would ever use all of the tests found within the Phoronix Test Suite. But even a package of just the most common test files would be unlikely since I am strapped for server resources and bandwidth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •